Reflections

• This I No Longer Believe

The thing that had the biggest impact on my life was what I chose to write about for the “This I No Longer Believe” paper. My relationship with myself and taking care of myself are important to me. I always had to help myself with one thing, and that was art. I made the decision to write the essay as though I were painting a picture. My essay acted as a letter to my past self. I wrote about how I felt about myself when I was in a bad mental state, and then I gradually got into the specifics of how I altered my routine to try to get my mental health back on track. The completed painting demonstrated my growth in terms of self-discovery.

I acquired the ability to write in my own voice. We discussed how writing doesn’t always need to follow the rules of academic writing and how writing in our own distinctive style gives the work more authenticity. I enjoy having creative freedom when I write, so this paper was a great opportunity for me to develop my own writing voice. I could improve the details. I mentioned some lifestyle changes I made to work on myself, but I could have gone into greater detail.

• Rhetorical Landscape

Writing the paper on the rhetorical landscape was really interesting. It gave me a chance to discuss a protest that took place at Brigham Young University. I found the ability to analyze the protest and identify the various rhetorical techniques used by the participants to be very interesting. I discovered that, despite the fact that we frequently overlook them, rhetorical devices are used in a wide variety of contexts.

I wrote a piece on the rhetorical tactics employed by the protesters on both sides. This demonstrated the beliefs of each group and how their decisions affected the movement. I believe I could have discussed the rhetorical tactics’ effects on the movement in more detail. I could also make the essay better by looking at additional rhetorical devices that contributed to the protest’s success.

•  Research Essay

The research paper was challenging for me. I have trouble with research papers; I’m not a fan of them. I discussed the psychological and social effects of broken homes on children in my writing. I made an effort to incorporate both a personal story and research. I definitely need to improve my ability to conduct research. I lacked evidence to support my main points. I should have looked into studies on the subject and added data to support some of my claims. Finding a clear research question or issue to address in my paper as the first step can help me become a better researcher. This will enable me to narrow my focus and guarantee that the data I am gathering is pertinent. Utilizing a variety of research resources, including scholarly journals, books, and reliable online sources, is also beneficial when gathering data for the paper.

•  Grey

I made the decision to edit my essay, This I No Longer Believe. I didn’t like it because I felt like I had left out the struggle I had gone through.Editing my essay was a deliberate choice that will help the reader better understand the difficulties I encountered by incorporating more of my personal experience. I added a new paragraph with a poetic structure.  Including a new paragraph with a poetic structure can be a novel way to express my ideas and feelings while also drawing the reader in. It examines the relationship between the color grey and my former self. I kept the paper’s original format. I think this new section helps the reader better understand the challenges I faced with my mental health so that, as they read about my progress, they will be able to relate to it either through personal experience or the experience of someone they know.